You may notice from our one day “header” redesign that today is a cause for celebration! It is our 100th Post! When we started broke professionals we knew nothing about blogging other than we loved reading personal finance blogs.
In the 3 short months since then our blog has really grown and we are so thankful to all of our readers, who are always so willing to contribute to the site, spread the word, and reach out to us via email. We have a milestone in our personal lives upcoming as well, as soon we will be closing on our first home. We still have a ton of debt (actually more on the way now), but we are going to keep trying to pay it down. Thanks for joining us on the journey, we’re certainly not going to run out of ideas any time soon.
We thought it would be nice for our 1ooth post to highlight our 25 favorite personal finance posts from other sites thus far in the first quarter of 2011. So, here they are.
1. The Simple Dollar – Is A College Degree A Piece of Paper….or Something More?
2. Squirrelers – Saving is Great, But Don’t Forget to Make Money Too!
3. Money Cone: Had You Bought Google Shares Instead of Google Products
4. Get Rich Slowly – The Power of Patience
5. PT Money – Start a Business with no Money: Want it Bad Enough?
6. Prairie Eco Thrifter – Anatomy of the Financially Savvy Brain, part 1
8. Free From Broke – Ways a Bigger House is More Expensive (Besides the Mortgage)
9. Five Cent Nickel – Adjusting to an Increase in Income
10. Moms Plans – 7 Ways Your Freezer Can Save You Money at the Grocery Store
11. Everyday Tips and Thoughts – Trading One Vice For Another (But in a Good Way)
12. KNS Financial (Faithful With a Few) – Payroll Tax Holiday
13. Money Ning – 20 Personal Finance Tips to Teach Your Kids and Yourself
14. Financial Samurai – Diverse Interests Create Diverse Income Streams
15. Boomer and Echo: What Does Wealth Mean to You?
16. Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – Want to Buy My Site for $28,278?
17. Retire by 40 – Dad’s Retirement
18. Bible Money Matters – Stockpiling and Buying in Bulk: Positives and Drawbacks
19. Frugal Dad – 10 Side Hustles to Keep the Wolf From Your Door
20. The Financial Blogger – What Newbies Should Know About Making Money Online
21. Wise Bread – 4 Deadly Mistakes You Must Avoid to Follow Your Dreams
22. Couple Money – How Much Debt Have We Paid Off?
23. 101 Centavos – Why You Need to Answer Your Voicemail
24. Sustainable Personal Finance – Buying a Home
25. Sweating the Big Stuff – The $1 Rule