Hope everyone is having a great Labor day weekend! For me, I have no idea where the weekend has gone We really need more long weekends. If you have time, here are a few of my favorite personal finance articles this past week.
- Poverty is NOT a Disease @ So Over Debt. Andrea’s reply to Gen Y Wealth’s post about poverty. This one will make you think.
- Failure and Greed of American CEOs @ Hope to Prosper. And we wonder why we are not growing as fast as we did before.
- She Is the Man Now @ Financially Consumed. Hunter wrote about being a stay-at-home dad while his wife became the main bread winner.
- And read about how Crystal and her husband handle this situation now that she is making a killing with her blogging empire @ Budgeting in the fun stuff.
- Jeffrey at Money Spruce did some traveling and has tips to avoid being ripped off while visiting another land.
- Kids are our future, teach them well @ Life and my finances
Posts from Yakezie Summer team
- A breakdown of some aspects of health insurance. Do you know if you’re covered? @ Money is the root
- When traveling overseas, it’s important to think about phone call costs. Here is a breakdown of some ways to save. @ Retire By 40
- Starting school soon? Read some tips to start your future right @ One cent at a time.
- Would you consider discounted engagement rings? @ The Single Saver
- Maybe it is easy being green, you just have to find the right recipe @ The sustainable life blog
- Savings bonds are a secure way to save for long term goals but income is income. Here are ways to reduce taxes on savings bonds @ My journey to millions
- Morningstar is a powerful tool but can be confusing to use. Learn how to use it here @ Financial success for young adults
- Organic food is better for your body but harder on the wallet though buying organic can be done on a budget @ Moms plans
- Experiences make the best purchases @ Live real, now
- Great tips to keep your business running lean and green @ Sustainable personal finance
- How tiny things can add up fast @ The family CEO
- Making a Terrarium @ Debt free by 30. I had no idea what a terrarium was before reading this.
Giveaways and free stuff
Who can say no to free stuff?
- Need an iPad? One of the blogs hosting a giveaway for this great prize isLife and My Finances. Enter by the end of the month!
- Christian PF is also giving away an iPad plus four $25 Amazon cards. You can enter through September 11th.
- Money is the Root is celebrating his 100th post with a $50 Amazon Gift Card giveaway. Entries close September 19th.